September 10, 2021
I hope y’all are doing well!
I wanted to let you know I’ll be teaching my Essentials of Characterization and Plotting workshop. It begins October 6, 2021 and ends November 1, 2021. The cost for Hearts Through History members is $15, non-members $25. This is the only time this year I’ll be teaching it.
The length of the course is four weeks. I post lessons every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you’d like to read testimonials from people who’ve taken the course you can find it on my website: https://tambrakendall.com
Here’s a list of the lessons. I’ve tried to organise the material so the lessons build on each other making the material as cohesive as possible.
- Lesson One: Brainstorming
- Lesson Two: Backstory, Plot Sketches, Show, Don’t Tell and Effective Description
- Lesson Three: Character is Action, Plot is Action
- Lesson Four: GMC – Goal, Motivation and Conflict Goal, Urgency, Motivation
- Lesson Five: Writing Strong Characters and Viewpoint, Deep Point of View, Stimulus and Response
- Lesson Six: Sagging Middles
- Lesson Seven: Scene and Sequel Structure
- Lesson Eight: Plotting Methods
- Lesson Nine: Creating Dimensional Characters
- Lesson Ten: Adding Tension and Danger
- Lesson Eleven: Writing Sexual Tension
- Lesson Twelve: Basic Worldbuilding
As you can see, most of the lessons can be applied to other genres of fiction besides romance. I hope to see you in October!
Here’s the link to register for the workshop: https://www.heartsthroughhistory.com/event/the-essentials-of-characterization-and-plotting/
If you’re at my website, please consider signing up for my newsletter. In exchange for signing up, I offer a mini-journal. The schedule is approximately every quarter, unless something special is occurring. I’m passionate about using essential oils/natural healing, recycling/upcycling, Celtic mythology, the Templars and Arthurian history.
Have a great weekend!